Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You are cordially invited....

 My invitations were made by my bridesmaids.
I wrote Sarah a list of ideas that i had and she drew up some pictures.

They went through various incarnations....

For example 
my original idea was that the picture had Tim and I as a ballet dancer and a sailor on the front....





 but i found it not so Weddingy....so we re-thought it.

Then began the great hair debate....
I cant tell you how many back and forths we had about Tims hairstyle....
lets just say that Sarah was far more generous with the amount of hair on Tims head than God is...






My idea was always to have vintage looking postcards.
Nothing to intricate or too fancy.

Also i had a stamp made up which i use to stamp the back of them...
Unfortunately....
the stamp is such good quality that it looks like they are printed....
so i may have well just saved the time and money of the stamp!

After having the finished picture 
i then sent it onto my Maid Of Honour in Slovenia, Nina.
Who with her boyfriend went round the printers and got us some good quality/good priced printing.
they also re-arranged the images a bit to make it look neater....

All my invitations were sent out without me ever having seen them....
but when i finally saw them last week i was so happy...
they were just how i had envisioned them!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, they are ADORABLE! Wannnnnnt!

    http://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful and so unique. I think your friend should definitely consider a career in wedding stationery design. In a funny way they remind me of the Juicy Lucy (google it) designs, but more personal!

    ReplyDelete